Carriage Gate Homes provides every new home with statutory warranty coverage or your home during the first two years of possession.
- One year warranty protection: The builder warrants that the home is habitable, has been constructed meeting the Ontario Building Code requirements, and is free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year.
- Two year warranty protection: The builder warrants against water penetration through the building envelope, including the basement or foundation walls. Detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding, such as bricks and siding. Defects in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems. Violations of the Ontario Building Code's health and safety provisions for a period of two years.
- Seven year warranty protection: This coverage is for major structural defects (MSD) as defined by the Warranty Act. A major structural defect is the failure of a load-bearing part of the home's structure or any defect in material or workmanship that materially or adversely affects the use of the building as a home. Claims for a major structural defect are to be sent directly to Tarion Warranty Corporation after the second year of occupancy
Your new Carriage Gate home is guaranteed by Tarion. Tarion is the Regulator of the new home building industry in Ontario. They license all new home builders in the province and ensure that all new homeowners receive the new home warranty coverage that they are entitled to by the law.
For more information, please visit the Tarion website.
Please click here…
To register and activate your Tarion MyHome account which allows you to manage your new home warranty online. Please click here…
Your MyHome account also allows you to:
- Manage all of your warranty information in one place;
- Submit personalized warranty forms online;
- Receive e-mail alerts for important warranty deadlines;
- Receive e-correspondence from Tarion instead of paper
421 Brant Street, Suite 201, Burlington, Ontario, L7R 2G3
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm